Primary Hypotheses

1. All matter is energy in a constant state of change.
2. Energy attracts like energy. (The Law of Attraction)
3. As a manifestation of spirit (conscious, thought energy,) I am subject to the Law of Attraction, thus creating the material world in which I live.
4. By changing my energetic vibration (thoughts/intentions/consciousness) alone, I will affect material changes in the world around me.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

On Ki (Chi) and Serenity

So I woke up this morning thinking about Ki (or Chi,) and the validity of the Serenity Prayer  just within the context of my own personal beliefs. Of course, I acknowledge that the prayer is valid for many people and it helps them navigate their lives, but what about me? The prayer goes:

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.


Just nitpicking, In writing, would address "G_d" rather than "God." Not that it really matters, except in theory. The reason I use "G_d" to symbolize "The-All-That-Is" is because it's shorter than writing "The-All-That-Is" and because it's a reminder that no utterance captures the full meaning of that Being. Well, that's the short explanation anyway.

One of my first thoughts upon waking was that there exists nothing I cannot change in my life, because I can change the way I think about anything. That alone transforms it. Is that unwise? Now, I am always saying that you can't change other people. . . but if you change the way you think about a person, effectively isn't it the same thing?

If I think Joe Schmoe is an a*shole, in reality who knows, doesn't matter. He is an a*shole to me. Then, I choose to think of Joe differently, Joe's got issues that have nothing to do with me. He can behave in whatever manner he likes. I choose to practice removing my attention from Joe, and to focus instead on something more pleasant. Eventually, Joes ceases to negatively affect my mood. Joe's a*sholeness is now a non-issue for me. The result is that I have just changed something (Joe) that normally, I would not think was in my power to change. 

I am inspired by people who do this all the time, people who take situations that seem hopeless, and turn them around 180 degrees. 
People with disabilities, people with terminal illnesses are frequently able to change the way they think about their [physical] condition and miraculously they are transformed. What is this miracle? The grace of allowing The Creative Spirit, a paradigm shift, a new thought to flow through one's being, thereby creating a new reality.

It does take practice to allow such a shift, as we are mostly trained from birth to focus on our fear.

So, this morning I took some time to allow an increase in the flow of Chi, that endless energy that imbues everything. I felt its warmth and I am blessed. When I look around me that is what I see, the abundance of Chi. I truly believe that I live in an abundant universe, and I intend to remain focused on that Truth.

No comments: