Primary Hypotheses

1. All matter is energy in a constant state of change.
2. Energy attracts like energy. (The Law of Attraction)
3. As a manifestation of spirit (conscious, thought energy,) I am subject to the Law of Attraction, thus creating the material world in which I live.
4. By changing my energetic vibration (thoughts/intentions/consciousness) alone, I will affect material changes in the world around me.

Monday, October 6, 2008

Dalliance

I have seen all the works which have been done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and striving after wind. [Ecclesiastes 1:14 - New American Standard Bible (©1995)]

How do I feel about that quote? there are several different translations.. the Lamsa english translation of the Syriac Peshitta (which I usually prefer) says this:

I have seen all the works that are done under the sun; and, behold, all is vanity and vexation of spirit. [Ecclesiastes 1:14 - Lamsa English Peshitta Translation]

All the works which have been done under the sun.. Sometimes I feel as if I have seen all of them, but other times I realize that is not so, at least not on a personal level. All is vanity? Excessive pride.. egotism.. unreality.. I think perhaps most is vanity, not all.. No -- now that I consider that more carefully, not even most is vanity..

Most is comprised of what is found in nature, and nature is not vain, except to the extent that it cannot be separated from the consciousness that perceives it.. Therefore, if I see all as vanity, then it is I who is vain..

Vanity as the unreal.. Most is unreal? Hmm.. most is unreal, I suppose, if one considers the world of form as "unreal." What is reality? If reality is something that exits independently from the ideas concerning it, then only no-thing is real.. Thus, all is unreal and all is vanity after-all.

It only stands to follow that if all is unreal, then there is only striving after wind.. because any striving would be after some-thing and no-thing is real, only transient like the wind.. and all things exist as concepts in this dream of reality.

Is this a vexation of spirit? Both vexations and spirits, being things are unreal and only vanity; therefore, there is no vexation of spirit..

And so yes, I agree that "all is vanity and striving after wind." I do not necessarily concur that it is a "vexation of spirit." :-)

*whew! glad I got that figured out!*

For some reason the Narayana Mantra is what is evoked for me after this discourse.
"om namo narayanaya"

No comments: